an article from earlier this year. gives an idea of the forces active in the recent Budapest reaction:
Far-right band in Hungary a symptom
By Tracy Wilkinson, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
February 13, 2008
"By the end of the year, 600 others had signed up, and several thousand more had applied for membership, founder Vona said. Although members are fond of marching in formation and pledging to provide "physical and spiritual self-defense," Vona insists that they are not armed.
In Vona's view, Hungary never made the full transition from communism; he wants to get rid of Gyurcsany's Socialist government and return the country to an older time, with emphasis on pure Hungarian identity and Christian values.
"Christian identity and Hungarian identity are one," Vona, who turns 30 this year, said in an interview at his office in Budapest. He also heads a small right-wing political party, Jobbik, which has run unsuccessfully for parliament but does have representatives in municipal governments.
The right has been able to capitalize on discontent with the government after a scandal in which the prime minister admitting lying to the public about the economy, and violent protests in 2006 on the 50th anniversary of Hungary's unsuccessful attempt to break away from Soviet domination"
- Calling them "alt-right" helps us fight them
- Jack Donovan on men: a masculine tribalism for the far right
- Alt-right: more misogynistic than many neonazis
- AlternativeRight.com: Paleoconservatism for the 21st Century
- Moscow conference draws fascists, neo-Confederates, U.S. leftists
- Golden Dawn’s fascist ideology
- Who are Ukraine's fascists?
- On Trump, Fascism, and Stale Social Science
- Rightists woo the Occupy Wall Street movement
- Trump's impact: a fascist upsurge is just one of the dangers
DOCUMENTS (mostly on other sites)
- An American National Bolshevik (Loren Goldner)
- Anti-Repression, Anti-Fascist Strategizing Suggestions (mamos206)
- Anti-Semitism and the Revolutionary Right (Kersplebedeb)
- Barack, Badiou, and Bilal al Hasan (Don Hamerquist)
- Ecofascism: Lessons from the German Experience (Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier)
- Exodus and Reconstruction: Working-Class Women at the Heart of Globalization (Bromma)
- Fascism & Anti-Fascism (Don Hamerquist)
- For Women Only: After Anti-War Movements win or lose in Iraq...there's still Women (Butch Lee)
- Notes on Women and Right-Wing Movements (Matthew Lyons)
- The Shock of Recognition (J. Sakai)
- Two Ways of Looking at Fascism (Matthew Lyons)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2009 (62)
- Bailout Rejected
- Nick Paretsky responds
- sample of debates against the bailout
- Counter Insurgency at home?
- quick overview of the massive bailout bill
- Chickens with their heads cut-off: Pt. Deux
- a System in flux: trying to get our brains wrapped...
- Capitalism in Crisis?
- Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Kevin Phillips interviewed on the Bill Moyers Jour...
- The Paulson-Bernacke Bank Bailout Plan: Will the C...
- Overview of the Financial Crisis
- Why was the Marriott Targeted? by Tariq Ali
- Colonge, Germany: Anti-Islam Rally Cancelled After...
- Magyar Garda
- Over a thousand far-right anti-government proteste...
- Supporters of Antifa Queer Festival attacked in Se...
- Panic Sell-off on Wall Street reposted from World ...
- Vast Bailout by U.S. Proposed in Bid to Stem Finan...
- Denial in Tehran
- A short reply to the Anti-Imperialist and Three-Wa...
- U.S. Left-Wing Militant Anti-Fascist History Vol. ...
- ▼ September (22)
- ► 2007 (32)
- ► 2006 (64)
- ► 2005 (34)
Powered by Blogger.