Ok article about the Iranian nuclear issue and Washington's refusal to debate or negotiate, although this "leftist" seems not at all bothered by the mindless sloganeering, like Marg Bar Amrika (Death To America) which to him implies political consciousness, instead of mindless propaganda driven into people's brains.
It's this institutional anti-Imperialism, backed up by state terror, which helped turned the inevitable opposition towards a pro-western orientation, much like the mindless anti-Communist propaganda of the Cold War turned a significant segment of the American left into apologists for Stalin and Mao.
He also oversimplifies Ahmadinejad's election victory as total support for his actions and policies, overlooking the fact that one of the reasons he won was due to his populist economic program, his humble background and the repression of the opposition, i.e. the banning of thousands of Majles or parliament candidates from running for office by the Council of Guardians, the closure of opposition media and the imprisonment of opposition activists since the late 1990s, including the famous reporter Akbar Ganji, who served in prison from 2000 until this year.
At the same time the mosques served also as a center for political education and the streets functioned as a stage for practice and a show of force, in the face of the hostile U.S. attitude materialized in the form of economic sanctions against Iran. The Farsi slogans "Marg bar Amrika!" (Death to America), and "Marg bar Esrael!" (Death to Israel) and "Marg bar Saddam!" (Death to Saddam) were the regular diet of the working mass and millions of small shopkeepers.
It is clearly evident that the government, especially under the leadership of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has gained a strong support of an overwhelming majority in its well-publicized resistance to the dictates of the West, a.k.a. the United Nations Security Council members majority looking to sanctions.
- Calling them "alt-right" helps us fight them
- Jack Donovan on men: a masculine tribalism for the far right
- Alt-right: more misogynistic than many neonazis
- AlternativeRight.com: Paleoconservatism for the 21st Century
- Moscow conference draws fascists, neo-Confederates, U.S. leftists
- Golden Dawn’s fascist ideology
- Who are Ukraine's fascists?
- On Trump, Fascism, and Stale Social Science
- Rightists woo the Occupy Wall Street movement
- Trump's impact: a fascist upsurge is just one of the dangers
DOCUMENTS (mostly on other sites)
- An American National Bolshevik (Loren Goldner)
- Anti-Repression, Anti-Fascist Strategizing Suggestions (mamos206)
- Anti-Semitism and the Revolutionary Right (Kersplebedeb)
- Barack, Badiou, and Bilal al Hasan (Don Hamerquist)
- Ecofascism: Lessons from the German Experience (Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier)
- Exodus and Reconstruction: Working-Class Women at the Heart of Globalization (Bromma)
- Fascism & Anti-Fascism (Don Hamerquist)
- For Women Only: After Anti-War Movements win or lose in Iraq...there's still Women (Butch Lee)
- Notes on Women and Right-Wing Movements (Matthew Lyons)
- The Shock of Recognition (J. Sakai)
- Two Ways of Looking at Fascism (Matthew Lyons)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (79)
- ► 2007 (32)
- Debate on death, privledges, and responsibility
- Photos from Oaxaca
- Revolt in Oaxaca
- intra ruling-class conflict?
- When I saw this picture of Condi and Abu Mazan, ta...
- Right-wing anti-imperialists are not promoting feu...
- By Who Name You Be Coming In!?
- Sugar Plumb Fairy! Sugar Plumb Fairy!
- Coups For Sale
- Inner workings: Blocking Iran unites Israel, Arab ...
- Godless frogs
- This is not a joke
- Don't touch that, Ahmed ... It's not candy.
- British Fascists target their opposition with "Red...
- No reservations about dissing the Jewish state
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2005 (34)
Powered by Blogger.