1 June 2006
My name is Saku Pinta, I'm a Wobbly and anarchist from Thunder Bay, up here in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. I've been active up here for about 5 years with our local Indymedia collective, but more recently, I've been concentrating/tangled-up in school stuff and academia (I'm doing post-grad studies this fall). One project of note that you may be interested in is a documentary film I'm working on about Finnish-Canadians in the Spanish Civil War.
I just thought I'd toss out a quick e-mail to the folks involved with the Three Way Fight blog. I had some trouble finding a contact e-mail address until I read the last post and followed the link to your bibliography page.
In any case, I really enjoy the blog, check it regularly. I find it interesting and informative and I'm in agreement with the "them, them, and us" geopolitical analysis; something I first came across in an AFA pamphlet entitled "My Enemy's Enemy." I can't stress enough how important I think this analysis is in the context of contemporary political and economic tensions and the responses from different political actors. In some ways, I feel that the world today resembles Europe in the 1930's with the oil crisis and environmental catastrophes replacing crop failure and drought, and a new set of scapegoats representing "internal" and "external" enemies along with different language and symbols of emerging far-right movements.
I know that time constraints, other committments, and, in general, life, has a habit of getting in the way of projects like this, but I wish that the blog was updated more frequently. I say this because, unfortunately, there seems to be an alarming increase in fascist and far-right activity on the global scene, and this activity should be put on the radar screen of people in the autonomous/anarchist left. Three examples immediately come to mind: the American Christian youth organization "BattleCry" and parent organization "Teen Mania Ministries" and increased fascist activity in Germany (with the lead up to the World Cup) and the former Eastern Bloc countries (mainly Poland and Russia).
Anyhoo, keep up the fantastic work!
"Liberty without socialism is privilege, injustice; socialism without liberty is slavery and brutality." - Mikhail Bakunin
- Calling them "alt-right" helps us fight them
- Jack Donovan on men: a masculine tribalism for the far right
- Alt-right: more misogynistic than many neonazis
- Moscow conference draws fascists, neo-Confederates, U.S. leftists
- AlternativeRight.com: Paleoconservatism for the 21st Century
- Golden Dawn’s fascist ideology
- On Trump, Fascism, and Stale Social Science
- Who are Ukraine's fascists?
- Rightists woo the Occupy Wall Street movement
- Trump's impact: a fascist upsurge is just one of the dangers
DOCUMENTS (mostly on other sites)
- An American National Bolshevik (Loren Goldner)
- Anti-Repression, Anti-Fascist Strategizing Suggestions (mamos206)
- Anti-Semitism and the Revolutionary Right (Kersplebedeb)
- Barack, Badiou, and Bilal al Hasan (Don Hamerquist)
- Ecofascism: Lessons from the German Experience (Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier)
- Exodus and Reconstruction: Working-Class Women at the Heart of Globalization (Bromma)
- Fascism & Anti-Fascism (Don Hamerquist)
- For Women Only: After Anti-War Movements win or lose in Iraq...there's still Women (Butch Lee)
- Notes on Women and Right-Wing Movements (Matthew Lyons)
- The Shock of Recognition (J. Sakai)
- Two Ways of Looking at Fascism (Matthew Lyons)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (79)
- ► 2007 (32)
- ▼ June (4)
- ► 2005 (34)
Powered by Blogger.