2 articles from the forthcoming issue of WORKERS SOLIDARITY, publication of the anarchosyndicalist Workers Solidarity Alliance (WSA) 339 Lafayette Street ..202, NY NY 10012. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Soldiers of Solidarity: Up from below, rank and filers struggle for a future
by C. Alexander
"On October 8, 2005, Delphi Corporation filed for business reorganization under chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code...
The following month during a November 2nd speech to union leaders, international United Auto Worker (UAW) president Ron Gettelfinger, called for a "work to rule" in which auto workers would do the bare minimum of labor required of them...
Within days, militants from the auto industry gave meaning to Gettelfingers words. In a non-UAW sanctioned meeting auto workers said they would organize to fight Delphi. Using Gettelfingers statement as justification, the militants have embarked on a campaign to build a grassroots fighting movement whose aim is to engage and prepare fellow rank and filers for an unfolding struggle to resist corporate attacks both within the auto industry and on the broader working classes."
2) Workers of the Skies Unite!: the 2005 Northwest Airlines Strike
by Kdog - Twin Cities IWW GMB Friday
"Our perspective... was simple: What will it take to win this strike? It seemed to us that the strike had to impede NWAs ability to operate, it had to start hurting the company. It had to spread to the others sectors of workers at the airports... It had to become an issue of concern and attention for working people generally. It had to create a crisis for the larger capitalist class beyond the NWA board and large stockholders."
- Calling them "alt-right" helps us fight them
- Jack Donovan on men: a masculine tribalism for the far right
- Alt-right: more misogynistic than many neonazis
- Moscow conference draws fascists, neo-Confederates, U.S. leftists
- AlternativeRight.com: Paleoconservatism for the 21st Century
- Golden Dawn’s fascist ideology
- On Trump, Fascism, and Stale Social Science
- Who are Ukraine's fascists?
- Rightists woo the Occupy Wall Street movement
- Trump's impact: a fascist upsurge is just one of the dangers
DOCUMENTS (mostly on other sites)
- An American National Bolshevik (Loren Goldner)
- Anti-Repression, Anti-Fascist Strategizing Suggestions (mamos206)
- Anti-Semitism and the Revolutionary Right (Kersplebedeb)
- Barack, Badiou, and Bilal al Hasan (Don Hamerquist)
- Ecofascism: Lessons from the German Experience (Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier)
- Exodus and Reconstruction: Working-Class Women at the Heart of Globalization (Bromma)
- Fascism & Anti-Fascism (Don Hamerquist)
- For Women Only: After Anti-War Movements win or lose in Iraq...there's still Women (Butch Lee)
- Notes on Women and Right-Wing Movements (Matthew Lyons)
- The Shock of Recognition (J. Sakai)
- Two Ways of Looking at Fascism (Matthew Lyons)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (79)
- ► 2007 (32)
- ▼ June (4)
- ► 2005 (34)
Powered by Blogger.